How do I scan my computer for privacy risks?
From the "Home" menu / tab, click the "start Scan" button. This will begin a full privacy scan.
How do I setup WinSweeper to run automatically?
Click the "Settings" tab, then check the box labeled "Automatic hourly scan and clean". This will enable WinSweeper to automatically scan your computer every hour, ensuring privacy protection. This option is only available in the registered version.
What categories does the unregistered version of WinSweeper clean?
The unregister version of WinSweeper will clean the following categories:
- Find Files History
- Find Computer History
- Start -> Run History
- Documents History
- Start Menu Click History
- Open / Save History
- Scandisk File Fragments
- Media Player Recent Files List
- Paint Recent Files List
- WordPad Recent Files List
All other categories are restricted to the registered version only. Register your copy of WinSweeper to enable all cleaning features.
How do I register WinSweeper?
1. DOUBLE CLICK on the ACTIVATION KEY above with your cursor/mouse. This will highlight your activation key.
2. Hit CTRL-C on your keyboard (this command copies your activation key), or in your web browser menu click the "EDIT" menu and select "COPY".
3. Open WinSweeper (Start Menu -> All Programs -> WinSweeper -> WinSweeper)
4. Click the "Register" tab in the UPPER RIGHT CORNER.
5. Carefully enter the EMAIL ADDRESS that you used to register the program.
6. Now it is time to PASTE the Activation Key that you copied above. Click in the blank white box to the right of "Activation Key" text (Activation Key field). Your cursor should now be blinking inside.
7. Hit CTRL-V on your keyboard (this command PASTES your activation key into this field).
8. You should now see your Activation Key pasted in the field.
9. Click "Register" button.
10. WinSweeper will now be registered.
11. Click the "Scan Now" button to scan and remove all privacy risks on your computer.